Fees and Forms
Schedule of Fees for Immigrant Visa Services
- Immediate Relative or Family-preference: $230
- Employment-based: $405
- Other Immigrant Visa Applications: $220
- Diversity Visa Program Fee: $330 USD
- Immigrant Visa Security Surcharge: $74*
- Domestic Review of Affidavits of Support: $88
- Determination of Returning Resident Status: $275
- USCIS Immigrant Fee: $165**
*All applicants pay the security surcharge fee. The Determination of Returning Resident Status fee applies to legal permanent residents who have been out of the United States for more than a year and are applying for readmission.
**All applicants except those listed below are required by USCIS to pay this fee. After your visa is issued, instructions will be mailed along with your visa packet. The immigrant fee payment must be paid after your visa is issued, but prior to U.S. travel. See www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee for more details. Exemptions to this fee are children adopted under the Orphan (IR-3s/IR-4s) or Hague Applications (IH-3s/IH-4s), Iraqi or Afghan special immigrants who were employed by the U.S. Government, returning residents (SB-1s), and those issued K visas.
I-130 (PDF 201K): Petition for Alien Relative: This form is completed by the U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident petitioner for each intending immigrant and is submitted to USCIS.
DS-230 (PDF 175.4K) Parts I and II: Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration: This form is completed by each intending immigrant and should be brought to the visa interview.
I-864 (PDF 339K): Affidavit of Support. One form is required from the petitioner and from each joint sponsor. It must be accompanied by the most recent year's federal tax returns, W2 statements, job letter, and proof that the sponsor is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- In order to qualify as a financial sponsor, the sponsor's net income must equal or exceed 125% of the current year's Poverty Guidelines (PDF 22K).
- Household size is calculated by adding the number of sponsored immigrants to the number of people currently dependent on the sponsor (include immigrants sponsored on previously filed forms I-864).
I-864A (PDF 226K): Household Member Agreement. This form should be submitted with form I-864 when the sponsor is combining income with other adults living in the same household. It must be accompanied by the most recent year's federal tax returns, W2 statements, job letter, and proof that the household member is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
K (Fiancé) Visa Forms
DS-160. This form should be completed electronically by the fiancé who intends to immigrate to the United States. You are not required to bring a print-out of your entire application to your visa interview. For your visa interview, you are required to bring your confirmation page with your application ID number on it so we can retrieve your DS-160.
I-134 (PDF 113K), Affidavit of Support for K Applicants: This form should be completed by the sponsor of the immigrant and submitted to USCIS. This form must be accompanied by the sponsor's most recent federal tax returns, W2 statements, job letter, and proof that the petitioner is a U.S. citizen.
- DS-117 (PDF 296.1K): Application to Determine Returning Resident Status: This form should be completed by U.S. legal permanent residents who have been outside the United States for more than one year and who would like to resume their residence in the U.S. This form should be brought to the applicant's appointment at the U.S. Embassy.
- I-212 (PDF 1.1M): Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission after Deportation or Removal: This form should be completed by intending immigrants who previously were removed or deported from the United States.
- I-601 (PDF 1.31M): Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility: This form should be completed by individuals who have a permanent ineligibility to enter the United States. This form will be discussed on a case-by-case basis at the time of the visa interview.